Tuesday 30 July 2013

Struggling!

AAAAAHHHH

I have been really struggling with motivation for revision this week so sorry about the lack of posts, but I double promise to update them every day now!

Being a doctor is all I have every wanted to do, and I wont stop, EVER,  but after finishing exam period at uni, and coming home to stay with the family over the summer holidays, Im just finding it hard to get back into the hardcore revision mood again.

This week I have been focusing on the Written Communication section of the GAMSAT.
I did study English Literature at A-Level and that has given me a good grounding in how to structure and write essays; and my Dad would describe me as pretty opinionated, and I LOVE to have a good debate!

What Have I Been Doing? 

I have been going through some themes, and then coming up with points, evidence to back my points up, and learning some quotations about really broad themes that I could tweak a little and potentially use in most essays.
Just a little thing I learnt in school like years and years and years ago was to
PEE ALL OVER THE PAGE

Point - make your point
Evidence - provide an example and evidence to back up that point
Explanation - explain what the evidence proves

(Yeah I know it is super simple!)

I thought it might be helpful in structuring the paragraphs in the essays, incase you have a lot of ideas, this will force you to adapt a strict structure to follow in the exam, as you do not have a lot of time!

So far some of the issues I've been essay writing on are:

The inevitability of death - lovely I know, but it's  good topic to really let you get your deep thinking cap on.
Wealth and Riches - the whole, can money make you happy, obsession of wealth and riches etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment