Monday 22 July 2013

GAMSAT Revision - Physics

I have just finished the Physics section of my revision for the GAMSAT!
Bearing in mind the last time I studied physics was at GCSE level, for those of you reading and not from the UK that is when I was 16! So a good 4 years ago and the level of Physics they say they expect is A-Level.

Here is an overview of the topics that I have covered for the GAMSAT, when I say covered I mean a basic understanding and being able to use the equations associated, as well as doing practice problems for each of them:

Motion - Including Newtion's Laws of Motion
Velocity, Distance, Speed equations
Change in velocity equations and problems
Distance time graphs and how to use them to solve problems

Centripetal acceleration - understanding what it is, what forces effect it, and equations
F=MA 
Tension
SOHCAHTOA - comes in handy for physics problems
Forces on an inclined plane - perpendicular and parallel forces

Work and Energy
Work, Force, Distance triangle
Momentum and its conservation
Gravitational Acceleration
Torque, Force, Distance Equation
Springs - Hookes Law and equations
Harmonic Motion

Fluids - volume of fluid displaced, column of water problems
Density of fluids
Static fluid pressure
Thermodynamics
Magnetism - Coulomb, forces between 2 charges
Electrostatics - Calculating the electric field at a certain point and equations

Circuits - and their components, Ohms Law
Voltage
Capacitance - Calculating the capacitance of a capacitor, charge density, strength of a field
Resistors - in parallel and in series
Joules Law

Waves - properties of different waves, velocity, frequency, wavelength equations
Different types of waves
Construct interference and Destructive interference
Relationships between frequency and wavelength
Diffraction
Dopler Effect and equations
Refraction and Reflection

Radioactive decay - different types and what happens in each of them
Half Life


Bit of a dry post there! :( But I just thought I would write an exhaustive list of what I had covered incase you had no idea where to begin! Oh and all this took me about 2 weeks, on and off revision, not consistent at all because I hate physics!

Now onto chemistry! HUZZAH


No comments:

Post a Comment