Thursday 11 July 2013

Cutting Down On Unnecessary GP Appointments

From what I have seen during my work experience, GP's are under a lot of pressure a lot of time time, from consultants, to nurses and patients wanting time to speak to their GP. Many of the patients that have booked an appointment to see the GP have sometimes, not reeeally needed one. They just wanted to talk to the GP for reassurance, which is where the social and communication side of being a GP.
But in order to cut down on certain appointments, such as just coming in to have you BP taken, the surgery have bought out a new self check BP machine, where you pop in whenever you want, take 3 readings 2 minutes apart and hand your readings into reception, which will then go onto your record. If your BP needs attention (too high or low) then you will then be booked in to see the GP to discuss further options!






















So I thought I would try it out on my break, the staff call it the cows backside, because it looks like your helping a cow give birth :)

There's the machine on the left and my 3 readings on the right which aren't to shabby!

1 comment: